In the never ending support of "global warming" I want to welcome you to South Texas and our balmy 24 degree morning. Yep, global warming at it's best LOL! (Ah, global warming, that mythological beast that many naive, and gullible Americans that have actually bought into.)
It was very cold this morning, I got up early to start the fire, that way the living room will be warm for the kids. This was made difficult as we neglected to bring a load of firewood from the land, we will get that today, hopefully. I have about 10 pieces of wood, which I hope lasts until the day warms up to the promised 64. We will need wood for the rest of the week, as it is expected to be cold, nights and mornings for a while. We have the wood, but it's not at the house, but about 15 minutes away. ETA: Yeah! we got some wood! Thanks to Rodney and Lauren ;-)
I heard some scary news this morning on Good Morning America. Apparently, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield denied prosthetic legs to a young woman, and it was a big battle for her to get them approved. She eventually contacted GMA, who helped get them for her, after talking with her state's insurance board. This is scary, because Rodney's company changed to Anthem beginning the first of the year. Wonderful! I am getting ready to have a baby, and they are my insurance carrier, and they have problems abiding by their insurance responsibilities. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it? I am trying to really leave this insurance issue in God's hands, though I a confess it is hard. For some reason my name didn't get added to Rodney's policy, though his company has tried to assured us that I am covered. Well, not according to the insurance company, who I talked to personally. They have no paperwork, and my name is not in the system whatsoever. I really hope everything is in place by the time I give birth. I am so used to handling things myself, that it has been difficult to let Rodney handle it with his HR office. I feel like I need to take over, but I don't work there, so I don't want to get him in trouble, by insisting that SOMEONE do something....FAST. So, I sit here, hoping and praying that everything is taken care of, and I don't get turned away at the hospital.
The cats have taken over the chair by the wood stove. It's cold over here in the corner by the door to the dining room, and I guess they aren't dumb animals after all ;-) since they picked the warmest spot. The dog normally tries to kick them out of the chair when she comes out of her room, but lately they don't budge, so all three share the chair.
I need to pick up a little, and get my bread started. I am cooking a ham tonight for dinner (it was on sale after Christmas). I will have to put my bread to rise on top of the wood stove, or it won't rise.
Please pray for me! Have a good day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment