Okay, I liked these questions that Brea stole from someone named Ryan, and I thought I'd steal them for myself, because they were funny.
What bugs you, Amy?
Lots of things bother me. If you don't know that you haven't ever met me or read my blog for long LOL!
1. the government
2. disobedient, disrespectful kids (not just my own, but all)
3. no one picks up after themselves
4. stupid people
What else?
The main thing around the house is that the kids can never get the trash INSIDE the trash bag, but ends up on the floor, on top of the bag, the wall, etc. It takes more effort to not put it the right place the first time, then to clean up the mess.
Are you STILL pregnant, Amy?
Yes, and please stop asking (I am 38 weeks) or you will be on "the list".
Hey, Amy, if you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Great Britain (primarily Ireland and Scotland). I'd love to visit the Isle of Man and Skye
Do you make your own bread and live in the country and home school because you're some kind of religious kook?
No, I am just a regular old kook, though I am a Christian. I like making my own bread, because I am a bread addict (Hi my name is Amy, and I LOVE hot, french bread with butter). I love the country, because it is quiet, no one bugs me, most everyone minds their own business, taxes are lower, I can have lots of animals, a garden, hunt, my kids can play outside all day. I homeschool because "I can" (see http://queensedgefarm.blogspot.com/2007/11/why-i-homeschoolagain.html).
You are a religious kook, aren't you?
Hmm...no I don't think so. I consider religion man made, but I do have a relationship with Christ. I accepted Christ at the age of 6.
How many kids do you eventually want?
Well, originally I wanted NONE. Then I was happy with just the one. I am now expecting my fourth, and other than the horrors of actually being pregnant, I'd be okay with having 2-3 more. I am not a good pregnant person (too much sickness and pain), but the baby part after wards is okay.
Which of your children is your favorite?
Well, it used to be Taylor. He was premature, so cute, so helpless and he REALLY needed me. More so than most infants. Now he's almost 20, and he is special to me, but he's also a smelly, old boy, which I have a hard time with. Then Lauren, she was my favorite. Still is for the most part, but she is starting to develop this HORRIBLE teenage attitude problem, and she isn't even 12 yet. Hannah was DEFINITELY not my favorite at all for the first few years of her life. She was born under trying circumstances, had horrendously bad colic, and was just a general grump, and not so pleasant baby. Seriously, I wanted to thunk her a lot when she was a baby, or just get in the car and keep driving until I reached Mexico (which isn't too far..I could have been out of the country before ANYONE even knew). This baby, hmm...I don't know if he will be my favorite. Boys sort of gross me out, and I have been in so much pain with this baby and pregnancy, he is already on "the list" and doesn't even know there is such a thing. So, overall, I'd have to say Lauren is still the front runner. I know bad of me, but hey! I am being totally honest here.
What's with your obsession with mornings?
Well, I can't really answer this one. I hate mornings. I am a night person.
What's the deal with Texas?
If you have to ask, you'll never get it. DITTO
If you had to pick one best friend, who would it be?
Hmmm...I don't know if I have a "best" friend. I have several really good friends. I used to have a BEST, BEST friend in 4th grade, and I had one recently, but for some reasons we aren't friends at all anymore. I enjoy having several friends that I can share with...some are friends with certain aspects that I enjoy like country living, Christianity, home schooling, etc. It is rare to find someone that has ALL the aspects that I do, or really understands ME. If this changes, I will let you know. I have several good friends in: Laura, Perla, Tammy, Marie, Bonita, Rebecca, Marianne and more, but my brain is not working too good. Please don't get offended if I left you off. ;-)
If you could have any job besides the one you have?
I'd like to be a midwife, a veternarian or President of the United States.
What's your favorite color?
Blue
What is your favorite thing that you own?
The land.
What's your least favorite thing?
I don't like watermelon flavored stuff, but my least favorite?? Hmmmm....Liver? the government?
What are your true thoughts on President-Elect Obama?
I pray and hope that he will be a good President. I didn't vote for him, and I don't consider him my President, just as I don't consider the American government as representing me any longer. I am an American, and very patriotic towards my country, but the government need serious help. And Mr. Obama is not the one to give it to us. I do not currently support any of his socialistic proposals, and will keep a close and watchful eye on his programs, taking every opportunity to voice my opinion, good or bad. I just hope it is a quick four years, and that he isn't re-elected. I pray for his safety, and that of his family. I'd hate to see something happen to him for his children's sake.
Do you have a favorite book?
No, I have LOTS of books. A few I like that I refer to often are:
1. The Bible (of course)
2. The Country Living Encyclopedia
3. The Complete Medicinal Herbal
4. The Self Sufficient Life and How to Live It
5. My pocket Constitution
6. Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse
What was the best Christmas gift you received?
This year? The Wonder Wash from my mom and Randy. Ever? Our land (last year)
What was the best Christmas gift you gave?
I don't really know, but if you hear my sister Ann tell it, it would be the Christmas I baked a huge basket of baked goods for everyone.
Are you still talking?
How rude! I'm done, getting ready to go to the feed store and get the girls some lunch.
What's a question that no one asks you, but you want to answer?
Are you really happy? and "How do I accept Christ?"
*******
I came across this quotation today, and really likd it: "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill.
No comments:
Post a Comment