41 and raining....we've had the stove going all day...
A few minor set backs with getting the cabin ready...Rodney believes due to the rain and the settling of the cabin, the cement foundation blocks cracked. He had to jack up the cabin, and put several wood pieces in place to prevent the destruction of the plumbing he had installed. In addition, the water pressure tank isn't holding the amount of pressure he wants, though the water does work fine. Plus, due to the rain and cold he hasn't been working on the cabin. He hates cold weather. I thought it would be a good time to work inside...you know fire up the wood stove and get to work installing the shower and framing in the bathroom, but since I am not the one doing the work, it's not getting done. He has spent the last three days holed up in the house watching t.v. The forecast for next week is looking good, so hopefully "we" will get back on track. I am anxious to get the cabin in shape.
I want to move so that we can cancel a lot of what we have here, and save some money. The DirecTV, cell phone, electricity, water and gasoline costs are sucking away all of our money. Once we move, I won't have the higher DirecTV costs, as we are getting it for just one t.v., the cell phone will be canceled and I will get a Tracfone only, electricity costs will be lower, and the water bill will go away. Plus the daily driving back and forth to care for the animals will go away.
I had ordered the Duggar's new book "20 and counting" online and received it today. I just finished it around 1 a.m. It is really good and I learned a lot, and plan to try some of their ideas. Especially, to do with organization and discipline. One thing I also learned was to REALLY pray over EVERY decision, asking God's direction. We both tend to plow ahead if we feel something is a good idea. I pray for major things on my own, but never with Rodney. I have moved from going full steam ahead to offering my ideas and suggestions, then praying that God moves Rodney in the way we should go...often times he has done so, and it is along the lines that I have been thinking, but not always.
No comments:
Post a Comment