Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy weather! 87 for today's high, very bright and sunny.

Taylor, and the younger children went with me to my doctor's appointment, and behaved very well in the waiting room. After wards we headed over to the F.E.A.S.T. used book store to look for a Saxon Math book for Lauren. They didn't have the one I was looking for (Math 76 and 87), but I did find a few things for Hannah from the Abeka curriculum, and a Bob Jones Science text complete with workbook and tests for Lauren (7th grade edition). The used books at F.E.A.S.T. run from $1.00 for paperback and $2.00 for hardback, so the price is way better than $85.00 for the Saxon text, and $25.00 for the Workbook. I did pick up the Saxon Math Algebra 1/2 text, that I will need in a year or so for Lauren. I didn't want to wait in case I couldn't find it later.

We then stopped for lunch, to feed the baby, and then dropped Taylor off at his grandparents. He is helping his grandfather repair the roof. His grandfather is almost 80, and doesn't need to be on the roof, but he is very independent. I think having Taylor live there with them has turned out very positive, in that they each provide a service for each other. Taylor needs a place to live, and they need help with the heavy farm/household work.

Well, gotta go finish up the dishes and get dinner started while the baby is sleeping. Ya'll have a good day!

No comments: