I think the formula I supplement breastfeeding with is not agreeing with James. I noticed today that when I gave him 2 oz of formula, directly afterward he drew his legs up like his stomach hurt and started screaming. Later, after nursing him, I gave him 2 oz of breast milk in a bottle and he was fine. I've been trying to nurse him more frequently, but he seems starving after he nurses, and giving him the 2 oz of formula/milk satisfies him. Feeding and pumping more doesn't seem to be helping provide more milk.
I will have to get soy formula tomorrow to try, and start drinking my Mother's Milk Tea, eating oatmeal, drinking more water and taking the Fenugreek to help increase the milk supply. He is much happier and less gassy when he eats solely breast milk.
He was up crying for four hours last night. I guess he finally fell asleep, because I woke up around 6 a.m., with him sleeping on my chest. I really needed him to eat by that time, but he was not interested so I pumped to give him later. He finally woke up around 8:30 a.m., and I nursed him, and he fell asleep again until 10:30 a.m. He has been up ever since, and it's almost 2 p.m. I've been trying to put him to sleep around 9:30 p.m. I do my routine of bathing him, massaging him with baby oil, putting him in his pjs, wrapping him up in a blanket and putting him in his basket. The past few nights it has worked great, but last night was a bust. No amount of walking, jiggling, rocking, or patting helped. I was ready to give him up for adoption around 2 a.m. (kind of joking)
Lauren is taking care of him now, they are cleaning her room. He is lying in his basket in her room and she is talking to him while she cleans.
Well, off to get the girls ready for their dental appointment.
UPDATE: The girls are cavity free! Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment