The toilet is in......and it flushes! It isn't connected to the well water, yet, but if you pour water in the back tank it flushes. So, we can at least use it now. We'll have to keep a five gallon bucket filled beside the toilet for now, but it's progress. The shower stall is next to be installed, along with the Tiny Titan tank less water heater that Rodney picked up today.
He also bought cinder blocks and leveled the cabin out. This made the cabin much higher, so now we will need steps at the front to get in easily.
When moving the furniture back into the cabin, we came across a HUGE rat in my buffet. It had shredded one of my afghans. I had forgotten to take my blankets and stuff out of the buffet, so it sat outside for a couple of days. The rat had moved in making a house, and bringing in a supply of food consisting of prickly pear "paddles" off of the cactus. I didn't know rats ate prickly pear paddles. Anyway, Rodney killed the rat (which was as big as our chihuahua). Before that though he put Muffin (our chihuahua) in the buffet and the rat scared her to death. I bought rat poison which I need to put in the barn. I am dreading going through all my stuff out there, I bet the rats have just gone to town in there....my boxes of belongings have been there for over a year. It's not going to be pretty. ;-(
No comments:
Post a Comment