We spent the afternoon at the land today, and it was very nice. I spent the time in the cabin with the baby, nursing him frequently before he finally fell asleep. Once he was asleep I cleaned the cabin. I wiped down all the surfaces, swept the floor and lit a Yankee Candle. It was called Harvest I think and made the cabin smell really good.
I made Hannah chicken noodle soup for dinner, and pancakes for the rest of us. We lit the wood stove to take the chill out of the cabin, and Rodney sat in the chair by the stove with James. I ended up loading the car with all the dirty dishes to wash at home, and a stack of dirty clothes, towels, etc. to wash and take back. Rodney started up the gasoline pump and watered the far pasture to encourage the grass to grow.
Rodney and I walked over the spot where the movers will place the cabin, deciding where to place it, and measured off where the rooms would be inside. Once the movers come we will completely finish painting the inside of the cabin.
We will leave most of our belongings in the house and set it up for visitors and maybe to rent out partially furnished. I'd like to look for a B&B registry to see if I could get any business but we'll see. I've also thought of starting a daycare/mother's day out program and using the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment