Friday, April 18, 2008

Code Word....Shamu

Diva - Peggy's Nubian goat at Hidden Haven Homestead

LOL! my mom started this code word thing. She sends text messages that say "Code Word...Mickey Mouse" for when she and Randy are at Disney World. Which is ALL the time, and Hannah is VERY mad at Grandma.

Well the code word today for us is....Shamu. We arrived at Sea World today around noon, and spent 4 hours at the park. Taylor and Lauren went off together to ride most of the water rides. Taylor chickened out on the Journey to Atlantis water coaster, so Lauren (10 years old) went by herself. She LOVES roller coasters, and Taylor, well, he's scared of the speed of a go cart, and standing on a step stool, so he didn't go with her. Did I mention he's 19? LOL!

Hannah and I spent the day together. The plan was for me to watch her play in the water at Shamu's Happy Harbor, but it was closed! We were upset. So, we went to see the Viva! Beluga whale and dolphin show, and the Clyde and Seymour (seals and walrus) show. We then got on the kiddie roller coaster, and had her picture taken with Shamu and a Dolphin. (This is Sea World's 20th birthday in San Antonio.) We have one for Grandma, so she will get it soon in the mail.

For dinner, Rodney met us in town at Rudy's BBQ, which is right outside the gate of Sea World. After eating, we went out to the land to drop off the gasoline powered compressor that the guys will use tomorrow with the t-post driver they are renting.

The girls and I will pick up a 5 gallon bucket of corn meal and oats from Breaking Bread, and then head to Logan's birthday party. In the evening, I plan to make strawberry jam, and bake some cookies.

Oh! We had a great thunderstorm last night. I say great, though I was worried about possible tornadoes, because we NEED the rain. We didn't get an official measurement(I guess the wind kept the rain gauge from being able to get filled, as it had ZERO water in it, but there was water standing on the property, and you could see where the creek had been raging, plus the 3 inches standing in a 5 gallon bucket), but I would estimate we received about 3 inches of rain, which totally soaked the garden, my mini orchard, and the walnut grove. I have been watering by hand, but this rain, will surely help my corn along. Not all of it has germinated, and I am getting ready to re-plant if I don't see some activity soon.

ETA: I have a friend that makes GREAT soap. If you are interested in purchasing any of her wonderful soap, click on the Hidden Haven Homestead link to the left.

No comments: