
if anyone reads this blog. I have it here primarily for my mom, and other family members, but have given the blog address out to a couple of friends. I don't have it listed to where you can just happen across it, you have to actually know the blog address, or least that is what I signed up for....
Today, the kids and I went to Sea World. We bought season passes for the first time ever. We rarely take a vacation, and while we went to Disney World last year, and wanted to go again this year, the cost of gas along with the DW tickets are prohibitive, or least scary. So, Sea World it was...Hannah was happy we went, because she has never been to Sea World, and she's almost five! Get with it mom, we live 30 minutes from Sea World and you never take me! Wah! Wah! Lauren hasn't been since she was five, so she "says" she doesn't remember. We arrived around lunch time, and left around 2:30 p.m. We sent to the Shamu show, saw the dolphins and the Clydesdales, and then went on the Rio Loco ride. Ah, the highlight of my day. I had Taylor and Lauren start turning the wheel, because I didn't want to be under the waterfall. Well, we didn't turn fast enough and Hannah was almost drowned, she looked so funny, all I could do was laugh. She was screaming and crying! She wanted new clothes, and kept insisting I give her some dry panties. I don't actually carry extra underwear with me, so she was out of luck. I did get a Sea World beach towel, and her a Shamu "dry" shirt, so she was somewhat okay after that...
After running to Home Depot to pick up more seeds, ant poison and rat poison (for the barn), we headed home. I forgot about it being Thursday, so I ran to Taylor to school early so he could eat, get to class, and go to the library to finish an assignment. After dropping him off we headed towards the land (like always) stopping to pick up dinner, get 5 gallons of gas, and ice.
Rodney had already finished mowing the grass around the pond with the push mower. Too many little mesquite trees to use the tractor, and he keeps forgetting to bring his weed eater.
The girls and I worked in the garden. I began by flooding the irrigation ditches with water. Hannah used her little purple shovel to clear any little dams that she thought were blocking the flow of water. Lauren helped me snake the hose down another trench so that I could water the corn. Which hasn't come up yet. Next time I will remember to soak the corn in water before planting. The cucumber seeds and Mescullin have sprouted, the tomatoes, jalapeƱos and basil are looking good, as well as, the cantelope and the lone cucumber plant that I bought. Hannah was so cute, when I was having Lauren help with the hose, Hannah asked if I needed any digging help, because she was ready. She looked so cute leaning on the shovel handle. I wish I had taken a picture. When we were done, the girls hopped on the four wheeler and put the water jug in the wagon to take their dad a drink (he was working on the fence poles by then).
We ended up cleaning out the car, and the area around the fire pit until dark, and then went home around 8:30 p.m. Taylor called around 10 p.m. for me to pick him up at school, so the girls and I sleepily drove to town to get Taylor. Now, I am waiting for the clothes to finish in the washer, so I can throw them in the dryer. We are going to the Strawberry Festival in Poteet tomorrow. Somewhere else that Hannah has never been (the poor deprived four year old!) Tomorrow is FREE admission day and FREE parking. More than likely I will buy a couple of flats of strawberries and make jam, if the price is right on the strawberries.
1 comment:
Yes, your poor poor deprived children.....LOL At least they are willing to pitch in and help with the work.
Post a Comment