Friday, April 25, 2008

Proverbs 24


I was reading Proverbs 24 tonight and a couple of verses jumped out at me, as fitting for my situation. I thought I'd share them here....

"Fear the Lord and the king, my son, and do not join with the rebellious" v. 21

"Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house" v. 27

"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man." v. 33-34

The first verse comforts me, in that I am hesitant to act in certain areas, and I will heed it's advice. The second also reinforces our plans to get the land in order, while we wait for the house to sell, and then to be able to build our new cabin.

The third verse is my personality to a tee. I have to stay busy, because I want to be diligent in providing for my family in time of need.

It's great to me that God really knows me and what advice and comfort I need right now. I didn't go looking for verses to support my "busyness", just opened up the Bible, and there they were. Thanks God!

No comments: