
What a long day! We got a late start this morning, around 9 a.m. The kids and I drove out to the land. The girls played, while Taylor and I worked in the garden. Around 4 pm Rodney and his dad finally showed up with the fencing material. They had been trapped in a small town near here due to a parade and founder's day celebration. Rodney's truck was blocked in, and he couldn't get out.
I managed to dig two irrigation trenches about 100 feet long, plant green beans, more basil, my herbs, and watermelons. I was in a really bad mood today, probably PMS or something equally irritating LOL! The afternoon was better. Talked to FIL for awhile, he was very complimentary on our choice of land, and the work we have been putting into it. He has been very helpful too, though we worry about him, he is in his 70's, and it's very obvious he isn't as strong as he used to be, and that he tires easily. He sat a lot under the canopy I had up, and talked to the girls, telling them his famous stories. The girls being little, were a fresh audience for him LOL!
I wish I had a video camera, I'd love to tape him and his stories, he's such a card, and so lovable.
If he wasn't married, I'd love to set him up with my Grandma Bobbe. ;-)
We left the land around 8:30 p.m., and all took paths. I took a Darvocet, as I could barely move. Now I am having trouble typing, thinking and speaking, so I guess it is working. I don't feel any pain, though it is still hard to walk.
I need to work on taxes tomorrow after church, or by Monday at the latest. Plus, the house needs to be picked up, and we need to work on Lauren's schoolwork. A busy, busy few days coming up....just like always, so I guess that makes me...normal....well, normal for me, not the rest of you! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment