Today we spent the morning cleaning and doing laundry. I had to make laundry soap last night, so that I could wash today.
We then headed over to Devine to get a couple of items on my 6 page list of "things to buy".
I picked up a large plastic storage container, to store my rice, sugar, etc, in. I rearranged my closet to be able to store some food items in the bedroom closet. To prevent ants and other crawlies, I will freeze the dried goods, then store in the container with plenty of bay leaves. I need to work on the 5 gallon buckets this weekend too (after Logan's party).
I also purchased two 20 gallon metal trash cans to store my chicken feed and catfish feed in....a mouse jumped out of one of the bags the other day, hitting me in the chest, before jumping to the ground and running off. I placed a box of decon in the barn right after that...
I also got a can of WD40 and a sturdy rain poncho to hang in the barn, for whoever needs to accomplish barn chores in the rain (it's raining tonight).
I will pick up bulk flour, corn meal, and several cases of veggies tomorrow.
Yesterday, I was able to pick up some extra dishcloths, toothbrushes, homeschooling workbooks for Hannah, deodorant, and some other things I can't remember right now.
I received my egg basket from Path to Freedom and my heirloom seeds from Frugal's today. Happy Birthday to me! LOL!
I didn't get to go out to the land tonight, as Taylor's class was meeting at an off campus location over by SeaWorld tonight. We arrived at 5:30 for his 6:30 class (thought there would be more traffic). And he didn't get out of class until 8:30 p.m. I finished an entire novel during that time.
Tomorrow we have plans to go to SeaWorld for a couple of hours, if it doesn't rain.
Saturday will be spent with Rodney and Taylor working on fence posts (Rodney rented a hydraulic T-post driver) with the goal of getting them all in this entire weekend.
The girls and I will be attending Logan's 6th birthday party.
I am planning my own party (I will be 39 next week....all gifts welcome LOL!) which will hopefully be held at the land next weekend.
Another prayer request, please pray the house sells. I am getting so discouraged, and it hasn't even been a month. I am almost to the point, I'll take almost any price, just to get out of here....
********************
God please grant me peace in this area of my life. Please help me to turn the problems over to you, and to stop taking it back, and working on it myself. Give me strength to only purchase necessities, and not resort to panic shopping. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment