This morning I was up early to finish getting the house in shape for this afternoon's showing. Most everything was done, but I need to do last minute things, that I had purposely left until last minute, just so I wouldn't have to do them twice.
1. wash dishes
2. sweep
3. mop
4. vacuum
5. laundry
I made laundry soap this morning. Hannah had to "help", which she does by stirring, and helping to pour the finished liquid into the containers (sigh) - she makes a mess normally.
Lauren sat at the bar and watched and asked me if I had enough ingredients to make soap for a year (I keep talking about having enough food/supplies for a year). I told her I had enough of the pink Zote soap, but needed more borax and washing soda (I only have one new box of each, in addition to my almost empty open boxes.) She replied "I think you must be the most prepared person in the world." This made me laugh. I told her I was probably the most prepared of our immediate family and friends, but I was WAY behind the curve compared to a lot of people. Here is a picture of an internet "friend" who has about 3 years worth of supplies. The picture only shows a portion of his basement.



Taylor finished cleaning the backyard, and went to Rodney's work today to unload all the trash into the dumpster. Blake helped him, using the forklift, as it was LOTS of stuff. It took Taylor 2 days to load it on there.....
I picked Taylor up around 2:00 p.m. and headed back to town to drop a Watkins order to a customer, then headed for the land to take some old carrots, other veggies, and the tops to the strawberries that I cut up to the chickens. They were totally out of water!They sure do drink a lot! That's 2 gallons in one day. I filled the ditches in the garden, and then we left. All of this took about an hour, and we arrived home a little before 4 p.m. Everyone got cleaned up and we headed into town to Carino's Italian Grill for my birthday dinner. It was really nice. We then headed over to Academy to get everyone outfitted for boots. Rodney will wear his to work, but Taylor and the girls need them for the land, to help protect their feet at least from snakebite.
We arrived back home, and I tried to help Taylor with his homework, and once again he waited to the last minute, and we had a computer problem. This left him with no time, and no resources, as the homework was due by 10 pm tonight. He will NEVER learn. He just LOVES to procrastinate. Very frustrating! He won't be attending college in the fall, it's just a waste of all of our times. He can get a job or work on the land.
I worked on an amended tax return for a client, and tried to print the final tax return for another three, but in the rush of cleaning up, I cannot locate the passwords for these clients, so will have to appear stupid, and call and ask them for them...How embarassing.....but there's no help for it...
No comments:
Post a Comment