Sunday, April 6, 2008

Frogs Galore


I copied this picture from Bob's blog over at "Walked With Angels". It reminds me of our pond, as it is loaded with frogs. I wonder if there is such a thing as too many frogs?

We have all kinds, some make a strange "peeping" noise when you walk up into the pond, then they plonk themselves in...it's almost like hearing and watching rain drops hit the pond, they all jump in so fast. We also have a couple of HUGE bull frogs, that make the strangest sound.

Oh! the most awesome thing happened today. I was sitting under the canopy (you know the kind you see at craft shows) that we put up at the land, I was reading. I heard this strange sound. I couldn't quite place it. It kind of sounded like the bees you hear on t.v., when a large swarm is chasing Winnie the Pooh, or something. Well, guess what, that's a pretty accurate sound! I looked up, and there was a SWARM of bees flying right for me! I am generally not scared of bees, and ever since I realized how useful they are to a homesteader, I have stopped swatting and killing them. But this many kind of freaked me out. I jumped out of their way, and they took an abrupt right turn and headed down the fence line. Makes me wonder if their hive is that way? I might go check it out, and see if I can find their honey. Hmmmm?

Rodney and Taylor left home early (missed church!) to go out to the land and work on the fence some more. They were able to get all the posts in the ground. The rest of the day was spent relaxing. The kids (and Rodney) rode the four wheeler, chased the dog, and spent most of the afternoon by the pond fishing. The girls played in the water too on the slip and slide. I tried to take the little plastic pool, but amazingly it was too big for the back of the PT cruiser.

I spent the afternoon mostly reading, but I did clean and organize the car. I keep a lot of stuff in the trunk, since we are always out at the land. I have enough food for a week, ways to cook it, a first aid kit, hand sanitizer, diaper wipes, tp, camping saw, changes of clothes for the girls, jackets for everyone, a blanket and a pillow (Hannah needs LOTS of naps). Now, if I just had a tent and some cots, we could spend the night out there......

I bought a little plastic table and two chairs so that we could eat easier, it was kind of hard trying to eat all this time out there, lots of spilled food. The dog was happy LOL!

I'd love a picnic table, but don't want to spend the money.

Well, I am off to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Temi said...

Amy I am so glad for you, that you have the support of your family now! I have wanted that for you all along!