
Today is hot! The temperature on the computer says 79, but it feels hotter than that, and it's humid. The sky has been overcast all day, and we were expecting thunderstorms, but they have yet to appear. I feel sticky and am dripping sweat. I have the windows and doors open, and the fans blowing, and it feels okay if you sit still. Which of course I don't do very often. Today, was a rare day where I was able to stay home all day without any errands. I spent it cleaning. I have vacuumed, mopped all the floors, cleaned the bathroom, living room, kitchen and bedroom (only had to make the bed in there). I have been doing laundry, which is always around. Hannah has been good today, she has been playing by herself in the playroom with her doll house all day! We worked on Hannah's lower case alphabet this morning, along with her handwriting. She's watching PBS right now, and resting on my bed. It's her normal nap time that she needs so she doesn't get even MORE grumpy than she normally is....
Lauren and I have been catching up on her schoolwork, in between my cleaning. Now, she is done and cleaning her room with the hopes that her friend Cheyenne will come over after school gets out.
Taylor is working in the backyard, and is about done all that he can, without his dad bringing the flatbed trailer home. There is a pile of brush and junk behind the old chicken coop, but other than that the yard looks great. I love this time of year, when the leaves are on the trees, the grape vine is sending out it's shoots everywhere, and the grass is so green! The front yard looks good too. The grass is growing, the elephant ears are getting HUGE, and the yellow four o'clocks are just taking over the front flower beds. With my pots of marigolds on the porch, the house looks beautiful from the street.
Hannah just informed me it's snack time, and she wants peaches. Back later!
No comments:
Post a Comment