The girls and I, Taylor too, went to church this morning. Being that it is the last day of the month, we had our "home church" day at the Pastor's home, with a lunch fellowship afterwards.
From there we dropped Taylor off at his grandparents and headed to the land to take Rodney some lunch, and to feed the animals. When we arrived, Rodney was in the cabin sitting at the table, taking the solar lights out of the box. It was really simple to put them up, as near the roof of the container/cabin are these little loop hooks, that I guess were used to tie down shipments during transport. Rodney just stuck the bracket through the hook. We put one in each area of the cabin, bedroom area, kitchen, and living room/door area. We have the solar panel outside charging, and will bring it in and plug it in, inside of the cabin. We couldn't mount it, and then connect the lights, as we wouldn't be able to have the lights where we need them. I'll try and take a picture of the lights (nothing really fancy, but we will have lights) and post at another time.

The lights are similar to the one above.
Then Rodney helped me move the cabinet from the porch to the kitchen. I cleaned it up, and organized the shelves, then swept the entire cabin, dusted the furniture, and straightened the beds. I even cleaned the chimney of the kerosene lamp, removing the soot. Everything is nice and neat, and ready for us to stay this weekend. We plan to get 2-100 foot extension cords to connect to the electric pole, and running to the cabin, so I can plug in the small compact refrigerator. Then along with a 5 gallon water dispenser, we will be good to go for a while. With the next major project being the installation of the toilet.
I had to take Lauren to her friend's birthday party this afternoon, and then pick her up around 6:30 p.m. We then had dinner, and Rodney and the girls made paper air planes and flew them in the front yard in the DARK. I took a couple of pictures, and will post those later too. The girls and Rodney were having a lot of fun with the airplanes, until one landed on the roof. Of course, Rodney's flew the best,
Lastly, we set up the baby crib (very confusing for me, as it didn't come with directions, but Rodney figured it out) then we moved the crib to the corner of the bedroom, until I can get the nursery cleaned up.
This is the crib we purchased, that I will be using for the baby. It's one of those portable ones, but it is what will fit in the nursery, plus, I can take it with us to the land when we stay the weekend. I will also be getting a Moses basket, but this will be the baby's main bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment