Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's a cold one!


The girls and I slept out at the land last night, and boy was it cold! (Not as cold as the picture above depicts, but it felt like it LOL!) We woke up to it being 45 degrees inside. We were toasty warm under the covers, but getting out was a chore. We bundled into the car and headed home to warmth and breakfast.

This cinches it we need to insulate and add the wood stove. It's going to be impossible to sleep in the cabin this winter without some sort of heat.

The coyotes were very active last night, kept the dogs busy barking and growling most of the evening.

We did watch a DVD using the inverter and the car (I couldn't drag the generator out of the barn, way too heavy). Hannah fell asleep fast, but Lauren and I were awake for the entire movie. It was a good movie titled "Caddie Woodlawn", after the book.

List of things needed for the cabin:

warm clothes (sweats, socks)
heat source
additional lights
tea kettle (or way to heat water)
food
water
candles

No comments: