Spending the night at the cabin on a regular basis I think is going to help me determine where the holes are in my preparations.
I need a wash stand or temporary sink, a better toilet arrangement, some sort of heat, a second set of dishes to leave in the cabin (toting everything bank and forth is tiring). I'd also like to keep a broom there, have a couple more kerosene lamps or additional lighting sources.
Today, I finally got the hang of using the inverter. I located the connector for the negative jump start place. It has been hit or miss with it working, but I read the directions (if all else fails LOL!).
After driving two towns over to get the renewal sticker for the truck tags, we stopped at the land to feed and water the animals, and the girls did their school work at the table in the cabin. I hooked up the inverter to run the fan. It is only in the low 80's but the cabin is kept closed up so was a little stuffy. The fan helped tremendously.
Some tasks to complete at the land:
finish splitting and stacking wood pile
pick up all trash
take dog house for Duchess
clean outhouse
straighten the portable shower tent that is used for outhouse, it's leaning
take old wood stove out to land, sand and use stove black on it
caulk windows
That's all I can think of for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment