Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday

It's the end of October. Tomorrow we will be heading out to help our congregation join with another to put on a Fall Festival for the other church's neighborhood kids. We have done this for 5 years, and it is pretty fun, and gives the kids something to do.

Today we had company, a new friend (B) we met on a home school email group. Hannah was so excited and kept asking when her little girl (S) would be here. We had lunch and the girls played together. The cool thing is that this new friend lives near me, or will when we finally move. We have a lot in common, and I really like her.

The rabbit died (LOL! Didn't you ever see Harper Valley PTA?) LuLu escaped last week and we were unable to catch her. B (new friend) lent us two live traps, but we didn't catch her, and a neighbor found her dead in his yard. Poor Peter is now a widower, and we are on the lookout for his new wife.

We did catch the sick stray cat that we were hoping to get, and that the city has been trying to catch for a while. The trick is tuna fish ;-)


We had a small swarm of bees in one of the trees outside the cabin. I was wishing for a hive to knock them into, but didn't have one. It is the first swarm of bees I have ever seen. They had been there for about 3 days, but tonight there were gone. I hope they stay near by.

Tomorrow is a busy day as we will need to run our errands to include buying deer corn, a battery for the feeder, paying the land taxes, looking for a dress for Michael's wedding (I have NO IDEA what I am to wear). It's been very hard for me to find anything appropriate in maternity wear.

No comments: