
Today, I was called crazy, ignorant, wait, wait, here you can read the post from another person's blog. I've never met Brea, but we have a friend in common, so have heard a lot about her.
"I personally think your friend Amy E is crazy, ignorant , weird , friendless and wasting her breath and a vote on ones who won't win. But then again ...whatever. Your comments were great and sorry you are being hassled. Glad I found your blog"
I laughed and laughed when I read this...
crazy - maybe, but I've been told if you think you are crazy, there's a good chance you aren't. Only crazy people think they are sane.
ignorant - now that's even funnier. According to the dictionary, here is the definition of the word,
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
| 2. | lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. |
| 3. | uninformed; unaware. |
| 4. | due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement. |
Anyone, who TRULY "knows" me, knows that I am far from being ignorant, quite the contrary. I always lean to over analyzing and making the most logical decision (just call me Mr. Spock LOL!)
weird - now, this one's true. I totally embrace my weirdness, I work hard at it. I enjoy being different. Wouldn't this world be a very boring place if we were all the same?
friendless - nope, not true. I have lots of friends, with a lot of different religious views, political views, and the like. (Some of my friends are: Perla, Lorie, Laura, Marie, Elvira, I could go on, but you get the picture LOL!)
wasting my breath - quite possibly, as I find the majority of society very sad people indeed, and my attempts to help make them a little happier fruitless. I find I waste my breath when I talk to people about God's will and his expectations for us. The fact of the matter is the majority of society is God-less, with isolated pockets of Christians trying to live the way God wants us to, but being thwarted by the very haters, who claim that Christians hate them. Very sad.
voting on ones that won't win - hmmm, now this is a touchy one. I can see them not winning if I don't vote for them, but if more and more people look at their options as MORE than just the two party candidates being touted by media, then the world would open for us, and we would find we actually have 14 candidates to choose from. But mainstream America has bought into the lie that the only true candidates must be from either the Republican or Democrat parties. The media has done the American public a great disservice, and they don't care.
Should I vote for Obama? McCain? Baldwin? Barr? The presidency in my view is a very important position, and the election of such should be taken very seriously. I do not make my decisions lightly, but after much prayer, research and thoughtful reflection. I do not vote on emotion. If I did, McCain would get my vote, because Obama just is not the choice for President. He is too much of a Socialist, and that is not for the United States in my opinion, but apparently the sheep that follow Obama believe socialism is what they want to exchange their freedoms for....
I believe that God wants us to vote for the BEST possible person for the job. He tells us that men tend to look at the outward appearance of their leaders (are they handsome, impressive, commanding?) while God looks at the heart. Since, we aren't capable of truly seeing a man's heart, we have to judge him by his words and actions, and hold everything to the light of the Word of God. I believe that Christians should only vote for other Christians. Sometimes it can be tricky, because these politicians may claim to be a Christian, but their voting record should reflect their faith, if it doesn't match up, they won't get my vote. The Bible tells us that we will know them by their fruit. Is it good fruit or bad fruit?
It's amazing to me the violence, the aggression that voters are displaying during this election. It's frightening and disturbing that people are being verbally and physically attacked for their political opinion. I was raised to believe that America was a free country, and that we had free speech and freedom of expression, but I guess these rights are being taken away before this country gets the socialist president that the sheeple will vote into office. Why can't I vote for the candidate of MY choice without being harassed? I don't seek out Democrats and harass them, I deserve the same respect. I vote the way God has told me to vote, and that means I will vote for the best CHRISTIAN running for political office, period. This is my right and my obligation.
I have no control over the political climate or the future of this country, but I know the ONE who does. If you are a born again Christian you know this too, and need I say more?
So, now in some "anonymous" person's view this makes me all the things they described me above. How very immature this person is, but really not even worth writing this much about, but I had free time tonight while the kids were asleep. ;-)
This exact situation came up in our ladies' bible study last week. In our study, I learned that like many, over the course of my life I have sought too much some one else's approval. I have now learned to accept other's opinions for what they are, their opinions, and not fact. Because I only seek God's approval, I am by no means angered when others thing badly of me, nor am I destroyed in the process. I can laugh, because I know me, and I know God knows me, and that is all that matters in the end.
"It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God, because Christ lives in me. Experience has taught me that it is extremely hard work to keep promoting myself, to please people so that I can be accepted, and to protect myself from being hurt. Why should I do this? It's a moot point, and I have a life to be lived, loved and enjoyed.
So, I say to anonymous and others who may not agree with my choice of candidate....
We don't live for ourselves, or vote for ourselves, it should be for the best interest of our nation and to honor the Lord.
1 comment:
If you're weird, I'm ok with weird. Weird makes the world go round. Don't you dare stop being so wonderful!!
~Brea
Post a Comment