
I just wanted to review the sermon from worship today. We are continuing our study at church in James. James 1:19 roughly states "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger." This is good advice for all. James was writing this passage to the church in his time, and anger within the body of Christ was a primary concern. Reading this passage causes me to pause and think where I am in my spiritual journey. I have good days and bad days. I love doing my devotionals, learning and growing in my relationship with God, but sometimes distractions get in the way.
I would like to stitch this verse on a sampler this winter.
Continuing on....when I get angry I do not honor God. We are called to get rid of all the moral filth in our lives. For me I think this could cover a variety of issues, so I will pray and ask God to show me those areas he wants me to clean up.
Don't just listen or read what the scriptures say...DO! I wonder how often I forgot or disregard what I have learned or read in the Bible?? It is necessary for me to prepare myself daily and weekly for Sunday worship. This will allow any seeds that God wishes to plant to germinate.
It came to me that God has only one simple rule, like I do for my kids, obey. So, what will I do this week to prepare myself for worship and to receive the Word?
1) Prayer
2) Devotions
3) Bible Reading
4) Fellowship with other believers
5) Marriage Challenge
6) Mom Challenge
*****************************
Today after church I picked up lunch and came home. Lauren went home with my sister to swim. I was scheduled to attend my friend Perla's House Warming BBQ this afternoon around 4 p.m. Before getting there Taylor, Hannah and I stopped to get her housewarming gift and her belated birthday gift. I really need to review my budget and stick to it. I need to begin saving again, and be a better steward of the resources that God has given to us. Please pray that I will curb my unnecessary and frivolous spending. Thanks!
Upon arriving at Perla's home, I found out that she had postponed her BBQ due to the severe thunderstorms this weekend, and that I had not received the message of the change. She wasn't even home. Her brother contacted her for me, and she asked to take us to dinner. We met her at Applebee's and enjoyed a great time together. I sure do miss seeing her!
She and Alexa (her daughter) plan to come over on the 4th of July for dinner and fireworks. I hope and pray the rain holds off so that our town doesn't cancel the fireworks this year.
Tomorrow I need to get my laundry done, and we are heading for Candi's motel to swim. Pray also that she closes on her house this week. She is really stressed with living in a motel room, and I don't think it is good for her relationship with her family. It is very trying to corral three kids and to cook wholesome meals in a motel. I pray that I will be a good friend to Candi this week.
It's late, and I need to head for bed....talk to everyone later.
No comments:
Post a Comment