
Okay, so I am living in denial. I answered an ad on craigslist for a tennis partner. I played all through middle and high school and in college. I use to play in tournaments all over Texas, so "practicing" should be easy right? Fast forward 20 years, and I am in bed now in pain, and can only hope I am able to get out of bed for church in the morning. The lady was really nice, 52 and from Israel, just recently moving to Texas. It was only her second time playing, and we practiced for 2 1/2 hours. Big mistake, we could barely drag our tired hineys off the court and flop into the car. In my mind I was 17 and in great shape, in reality I am 38 and haven't REALLY exercised in 10 years. Big difference, just in case you wanted to know. "The mind is willing, but the flesh is VERY weak".
*************************
Made Belgian waffles this morning and bacon. Then cleaned the house, and did two loads of laundry. Lauren had even hung out the laundry before I got out of bed this morning. I was in the kitchen starting the waffles when she came in the back door with the clothes basket. Kind of shocked me, as I thought she was still in bed. I was grateful she hung the clothes up (I had put them in te washer last night and forget to hang up last night, but I don't like her leaving the house, even to go in the backyard, without my knowing....just in case...) She had also fed all the cats, dog and chickens before doing the laundry. Pretty good girl....
*************************
Made Belgian waffles this morning and bacon. Then cleaned the house, and did two loads of laundry. Lauren had even hung out the laundry before I got out of bed this morning. I was in the kitchen starting the waffles when she came in the back door with the clothes basket. Kind of shocked me, as I thought she was still in bed. I was grateful she hung the clothes up (I had put them in te washer last night and forget to hang up last night, but I don't like her leaving the house, even to go in the backyard, without my knowing....just in case...) She had also fed all the cats, dog and chickens before doing the laundry. Pretty good girl....
Received permission from the owner of the lime tree, he said I could have some. Don't know what I can do with limes other than slice and put in my tea. Have to look up what I can make.
Forgot to mention that I picked up a 3 foot red oak tree, a red oak seedling and an avocado tree yesterday. Located them on craigslist and met the lady who had them in town Friday. I am on the lookout for orange, lime, lemon, cherry and apple trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment