Saturday, July 7, 2007

Gardening Day


Today is scheduled to be 'gardening day' but I didn't actually garden at home. I re-met a man this week. I met him over 10 years ago, and he lives down the street from my in laws, he used to grow herbs for a living, but now sells landscape plants on ebay. This is how he makes his living entirely. He went over his landscape plants and a variety of herbs from comfrey, cardamom, Mexican Marigold, gingko bilboa, lemon verbena plus variety of bedding plants like sweet flag, Mexican tuber rose, and a variety of grasses that I didn't quite catch. I was trying to make notes as he was talking, but he was going fast on the latin names, proper names, how to divide, rhizmes, potting methods, etc. I only stayed about an hour, and will go back sometime next week to trade plants with him.


Also picked up 19 fertilized eggs from a local woman and placed 9 under one hen and 10 under the other hen.


It has started thundering and getting dark, so I guessI should log off now.
Update on Marriage Challenge: not much progress, as we have both been busy and not spending much time at home together. He has been helping his dad add onto their house, and I have been doing things with the kids and working at home. Will continue on my goals.....
*Would like to ask everyone reading this to please pray for my 18 year old son. We are having some issues with him, in addition he is looking for a job. I am praying that God gives him the strength and discipline to be able to hold a job, and to allow him to mature and move forward in his life. Thanks everyone!

No comments: