

Today we drove over to see Candi at their hotel a couple of towns over. We had lunch and went swimming. Lauren wore a Tshirt and I put sunscreen on her face, she has a slight burn on her face. Hannah, I kept getting her out of the water, drying her off, and applying sunscreen, but OUCH! she has a MAJOR sunburn. I applied alove vera gel when we got home, and at bed time I gave her a bath in vinegar, as it is supposed to stop the sunburn from hurting. Applied more aloe vera, gave her Motrin and put her to bed. She fell right asleep, poor baby!
We didn't get home until about 4:30 p.m. (Candi's eldest son Kyle came to spend the night with Taylor. Taylor is 6 years older than Kyle, but they seem to get along great.) The girls were hungry and ate dinner around 5:00 p.m. (pizza and ravioli the peasants). I made steaks, baked potatoes, and corn for everyone else. I then made a chocolate cake in my cast iron skillet (I've always wanted to do that....) the kids wouldn't even wait until it cooled for me to ice it so they could eat it....
We all went for a walk around 8 pm. I am trying to teach Muffin how to walk on a leash. She is doing pretty good. It was only her second time on a leash. I was very happy.
I washed a few dishes, but stopped when the dish drainer was full, I was getting burned out on washing. The house is starting to get a little clutter after a full week. I made laundry soap around 9 pm and filled all four containers. And washed a load. I need to put them in the dryer before I go to bed, I don't want them to get yucky.
Tomorrow is town day, and I will be heading into town to pay bills, and to pick up a red oak and an avocado tree for the yard. I found the trees on craigslist, and the prices are reasonable compared to the local landscape/nursery.
I noticed a lime/lemon tree around the corner from me, and thought I'd stop and ask the owner if I could pick them for him, and get half. I also would like to call Mrs. Stewart down the street and ask about her pears. The people on the corner have an orange tree (I want one!)
I was thinking tonight of what more I can do to enhance my homemaking/homesteading skills. I am hoping that with using the Prairie Primer this fall I will be able to pick up and practice my skills. I really wish I could turn off the electricity, I get by with only using it for the fans, and the TV, with the occasional use of the stove/oven. I know I could do what I need with the car and inverter like Tammy and would love to try. I also want to learn to knit and make candles this fall. We'll see how the money situation plays out...I am getting stressed on a couple of bills and need to catch up. Once that is done, I will be able to breathe a little easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment