

James 1:27 "This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress."
The devotional today was on the tragedy of divorce, and how it can create "widows and orphans" from it's circumstances. This especially touched me, as I may be going through this sooner than I expected. Please keep our family in your prayers.
***************************
I have been unavailable lately due to a variety of reasons: helping a friend move, phone and electrical problems and a LEAKING ROOF! I worked on paperwork this morning, sorting bills and completing health insurance forms for the kids.
It is raining again, and we have had severe thunderstorms the past few days. It is tiring. My garden is getting too much water. I really need to get out there and check it...plus my chicks should be hatching in the next few days.
We helped Candi and her family get moved into their new home this past weekend. It's a really nice house, not as rural as I would want, but still in the country, though they do have neighbors. I am especially excited for Candi as she is expecting a baby, and pregnancy is hard enough without a "nest" to prepare.
Candi and I will be working on a small garden for her in a couple of weeks. She should be able to get in a couple of things before the winter. Plus I am excited to be working on making some flannel receiving blankets for her, and getting ready to help her with her new baby.
She and the kids came over earlier this morning for a bit...I sure am glad they live closer, makes it so much easier to help each other. I was feeling depressed and she really helped me, and I cried on her shoulder (really). I picked up the rest of my house, and she washed my dishes (I don't even let my mom do that....LOL!) For dinner I made Nachos (spicy meat, and cheese toppings with jalapenos. Very good!) plus I put brownies in the oven to make brownie sundaes this evening.
I did my last load of laundry and I ran out of laundry soap. Made more after dinner, so I have three fresh jugs of laundry soap. Though I just have sheets left. With all this rain, I can't hang the laundry outside, I need to get those shower rods up so I can hang stuff above the washer in the laundry room.
Hope everyone is keeping dry and/or cool (wherever you are at) and getting your homesteading projects done.
Don't forget to check out my website www.geocities.com/queensedgefarm/shoppe if you are looking for a gift for someone, or modest clothing for your little girls. I will be adding new products in the next few months, and am looking into providing Watkins products also. So check back with me.....everyone have a great evening!
The devotional today was on the tragedy of divorce, and how it can create "widows and orphans" from it's circumstances. This especially touched me, as I may be going through this sooner than I expected. Please keep our family in your prayers.
***************************
I have been unavailable lately due to a variety of reasons: helping a friend move, phone and electrical problems and a LEAKING ROOF! I worked on paperwork this morning, sorting bills and completing health insurance forms for the kids.
It is raining again, and we have had severe thunderstorms the past few days. It is tiring. My garden is getting too much water. I really need to get out there and check it...plus my chicks should be hatching in the next few days.
We helped Candi and her family get moved into their new home this past weekend. It's a really nice house, not as rural as I would want, but still in the country, though they do have neighbors. I am especially excited for Candi as she is expecting a baby, and pregnancy is hard enough without a "nest" to prepare.
Candi and I will be working on a small garden for her in a couple of weeks. She should be able to get in a couple of things before the winter. Plus I am excited to be working on making some flannel receiving blankets for her, and getting ready to help her with her new baby.
She and the kids came over earlier this morning for a bit...I sure am glad they live closer, makes it so much easier to help each other. I was feeling depressed and she really helped me, and I cried on her shoulder (really). I picked up the rest of my house, and she washed my dishes (I don't even let my mom do that....LOL!) For dinner I made Nachos (spicy meat, and cheese toppings with jalapenos. Very good!) plus I put brownies in the oven to make brownie sundaes this evening.
I did my last load of laundry and I ran out of laundry soap. Made more after dinner, so I have three fresh jugs of laundry soap. Though I just have sheets left. With all this rain, I can't hang the laundry outside, I need to get those shower rods up so I can hang stuff above the washer in the laundry room.
Hope everyone is keeping dry and/or cool (wherever you are at) and getting your homesteading projects done.
Don't forget to check out my website www.geocities.com/queensedgefarm/shoppe if you are looking for a gift for someone, or modest clothing for your little girls. I will be adding new products in the next few months, and am looking into providing Watkins products also. So check back with me.....everyone have a great evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment