Sunday, July 15, 2007

Psalm 15

I had nursery duty today at church, so I missed the sermon. I really don't like working in the nursery, but we all take a turn. While the little ones were playing with blocks and chasing a ping pong ball I read Psalm 15. I tried to get them to sit down to read a bible story to them, but 2 year olds are more into "action" than sitting it seems. LOL!

In Psalm 15 it says "O Lord, who may abide in Thy tent? Who may dwell on your holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness and speaks truth in his heart." (There is more, but this is the portion that jumped out at me.) I have been thinking about this, and wonder if this fits me. I have asked God to show me how this can be me this week.

The remainder of the scripture is here:

"He does not slander with his tongue, nor does eveil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, But who honors those who fear the Lord; He swears to his own hurt, and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken."

Most days I read a Psalm and a Proverb that corresponds with the date (for instance today is the 15th, so I read Psalm 15).

After church we went to eat lunch with my sister and her family at a local restaurant. We have eaten here for about 27 years, ever since we moved here. They have excellent Cheese Soup! Yum!

I came home and checked my email and I had several bread orders. I need to get cracking on my sewing orders and my bread orders in the morning. How exciting! I am trying to increase my cash flow avenues and trying a variety of things to bring in a little extra money without a lot of cash outlay.

Have a great Sunday!

I was bored and ended up baking today: four loaves of white bread, one loaf of banana bread, and chocolate chip cookies. Started around 4 this afternoon, and finished just now at 10:30 pm.

No comments: