Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Grape Juice

Spent the day with Candi and crew again today. They came over early today, so we could have breakfast of Belgian waffles and bacon. Then we talked for the rest of the day. It rained off and on most of the day.

Made fried chicken, greenbeans and homemade bread for dinner. The rest of the evening I devoted to canning grape juice. I am out of pectin, but thought canning the grape juice would use the grapes up faster and be easier to do. I will make more jelly next week too, but the juice will come in handy for drinking, and I will be half way done if I want to make jelly during the winter. It's a beautiful ruby color. I have 5 pints, and will do more tomorrow. I can only stand the itching from the grapes for so long before I give in....I really need to purchase a pair of rubber dish gloves. Either the grapes, the vines or leaves has some sort of itchy stuff on them. Even the website for the recipe I am using recommends wearing gloves. I wonder what it is that makes me itch???

No comments: