Sunday, July 8, 2007

Letting Christ Fuel My Desire to Succeed


Our pastor is out of town on vacation, so our worship leader, Jon, preached today. He did a really good job. I thought I'd recap the notes I took today so that I can share with everyone, and refresh my memory.

We have a geat responsibility that God has charged us with...I need to start paying attention to what God is tellling me. Is the Holy Spirit talking to me?

There are plenty of things, goals, projects that we leave unfinished. I need to look around me and focus on those things I have left unfinished and finish them, and follow Christ's example of beginning a good work in me, one that will one day be completed.

What do I have within me that motivates me to accomplish my goals? Why do I persevere?
The loss of passion for something is a process....see Deuteronomy 30:16-18

Where I spend my time, effort and money is where my heart is....if I lose heart for something I lose my desire and motivation to accomplish it. Why have I (and others) drawn away from God? Why do I disobey his commands? (James 1:14-15)

Steps to Destruction in our life are: 1) Thoughts of sin 2) temptation to sin 3) Sin itself 4) Death (spiritual)

*********
After church today we headed to the Spaghetti Warehouse for April's birthday lunch. She turned 33 today. Ann came plus April's friend Cheryl Anderson and her family. We had a nice time.

On the way home I stopped by a ladies' house to pick up a set of books "The American Girls Short Stories" that I found on http://www.craigslist.com/. I picked these up for Lauren to use when I homeschool in the fall.

The house is a HUGE mess. The kids have virtually trashed the house this weekend. I will be working on it tomorrow, as well as, the laundry. I also need to go to the bank, even though I don't like going into town more than once during the week.

This evening I worked in the garden. I placed a trellis that I obtained off of craigslist over both grapevines, and one in the row of beans for the beans to grow up. I have one left, but it needs the legs attached to it. I don't really know where I will place it yet.

I tilled up the garden and planted four rows of A&C Pickling Cucumbers, 1/2 row of oregano, 1/2 row of lavender, 1/2 row of basil and four watermelon seeds.

I need to weed the sage, and pepper plants, as well as, the sweet potato patch.

That's about it. I need to call Candi to check on her and her house progress.


*Clipart by Christart.com

No comments: