Monday, July 2, 2007

Update on Marriage Challenge and Life Plans and Dreams

I wanted to give an update on this marriage challenge project...

Came home from spending time with the kids at the pool. Everyone was a little tired and sunburned. I made one of Rodney's favorites, Chicken Fried Steak. I had bought the cubed steaks at the meat market on Friday. It was pretty cool as I watched them run the steak through a machine to make it a cubed steak. So along with cream gravy, grean beans and Texas toast it was a good meal. Rodney really enjoyed it, even though he was in pain from his bad back. I gave him one of my arthritis pills and a dish of toasted almond fudge ice cream. Then he went to bed.

Later, I took the girls to Hancock Fabrics to look for some material for a couple of orders I received. They didn't have what I was looking for, so I jotted down descriptions of fabric and came back to contact my customers.

After returning home I cleaned up the kitchen and dining room and put a load of laundry in the washer.

I wanted to talk a little about my future dreams. I would love to be able to afford some land to subdivide and offer to people for homesteading. It is very hard nowadays for people to get a home, but if I could offer them land like a guy I know (no down, 9% interest for 15 years at an affordable price). The land would have as few restrictions as the county would allow, and be primarily for those who want to live low key, eco friendly, hopefully off grid, and build their own small homes, raise their own food, and livestock.

I also would like to develop some primitive campsites, and have a retreat for abused women to re-group while learning to be self sufficient. Working on these last plans as we speak.

That's about it for the day...good night!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Good progress so far and I don't mind you taking my goals at all! Blessings as you continue the challenge!