Today is just a regular Monday. I spent the day picking up from the weekend of everyone being here, and have been doing laundry and hanging it out. The weather is hot, humid with the occasional cloud darkening the sky and threatening rain. It rained really bad last night, and the wind was blowing something fierce. Found out that a tornado touched down in town last night, which was a surprise. I definitely want a tornado shelter before next year's season rolls around.
Ran a few local errands to the post office to mail some seed orders, to pay the water bill, and to the local dollar store to see if they had more Zote soap. They had seven bars, I bought six as I didn't want to appear greedy. This is the soap that is the base for my laundry soap. The funny thing is that this store doesn't stock this soap with the other soap or with the laundry/soap powder, it is right next to the measuring cups, and cooking utensils. It took me a while to find it.....
Mulched the garden and pulled a few weeds. My cucumbers or herbs haven't sprouted yet. It's been a week. That is kind of odd, but I will give it another week or so before replanting. Checked on the chickens. I really need to bleach their water container but I forget as soon as I come in the house. The plan is also to clean out the chicken house, bleach the floor, nesting boxes and roosts before the chicks hatch, if they do.
I am getting ready to sew curtains for my dining room, which I will post a picture of once they are done. I am also sewing one of my pajama bottom orders.
Gotta go and get dinner started.
After dinner I worked in the garden, spreading hay around my remaining vegetables. Picked all the corn off my corn stalks. Only have the stalk is filled with corn. I pulled the husks back off the cob and am letting me dry, and then will feed them to the chicken later. I got about 10 ears of corn. I will be using different corn next year, I haven't any luck with this one at all.
Got a handful of beans and one of jalapenos. I only have one dill plant doing good, the others have died, my sage is looking sickly too. The cucumbers have a lot of flowers, as well as, the bean plants. Hope I can get enough out of them to can some beans. Picked a half pitcher of wild mustang grapes, actually Lauren did that...we need to go back out tomorrow and get all the ripe ones, and I will start on making jelly. My figs aren't ready yet, but once they are I plan to make jelly out of them too.
Came inside itchy from pulling weeds, and covered in blood from all the mosquitoes I kept slapping at......
No comments:
Post a Comment