Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Hannah!

My little girl turned 4 on the 22nd, but we had her birthday party today at Chuck E. Cheese. She had lots of fun playing the games, and was really excited over her gifts. From the family she received two Dora the Explorer play sets. They came with horses, and she loves horses. Her party theme was My Little Pony, so she was really excited that most of her presents had horses. My friend Perla, who has excellent taste in clothes, bought her a sundress, a white skirt and a brown tank top at Old Navy. Hannah is already to wear one of them tomorrow to church.

We ended up staying at Chuck E. Cheese for four hours until we ran out of money and tokens. Came home and took a nap, then cleaned up a bit. I went out and picked grapes and made 16 pints of jelly tonight (Pray it jells!) The original batch is selling pretty good, so I wanted to take advantage of the grapes and make as much as I can before they are gone. I picked most of one whole side of the fence today. Tomorrow I will pick the other side, and at least get the juice boiled down. I may have to wait to purchase more jars and pectin until later in the week. I am hoping to get a little money in from my businesses to help offset the jars. I sure hope the jelly sells, if not, guess what everyone is getting for Christmas! LOL!

I am really tired and had to take two of my pain pills. Standing up making jelly is really hard on my legs, and my arthritis is acting up (doesn't help that is starting to thunder again, and that we are probably in for more rain.) Oy vay!

Need to pick up donuts for church in the morning, so I had better get to bed.. before I pass out onto the floor. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Bob Westbrook said...

Tell Hannah I said happy birthday. I'll jump up and down on the bed like she and I did together when you visited, in honor of her birthday. She'll like that. Give her a hug for me.

I'd love a jar of the jelly when you come visit. Kinda curious how the mustang grapes taste.

God bless