This is the song my three year old sings when she is cleaning up. It's one of those little songs they teach in preschool that makes the kids think it is fun to clean the house.
Spent almost two hours this morning talking to our town mayor regarding the Emergency Preparation meeting that was held while I was on vacation. Looked over the approved disaster plan, the tornado warning/watch directions, and talked to him in general about what level the city is prepared at, and where I am. He was very happy that someone was taking things seriously, as everyone else appeared to blow him off. The meeting was only attended by 31 people out of a population of 2600. In my opinion, I don't believe enough notice was given, but he disagrees. Found out some info regarding the town that was useful, gave my opinion (I am sure he loved that) and offered up a couple of suggestions that he said he hadn't thought about.
Upon coming back from city hall I started my cleaning routine, where I start at the front of the house and do each room. Washed several loads of clothes, and folded what was already dried. The house is reasonably cleaned (though I never seem to get time or energy to deep clean or declutter anything), and dinner is in the oven. I didn't get it in the oven until 5:00 pm, so it won't be ready until 6:30 or 7:00. We are having roast chicken, red potatoes, green beans, tomatoes (from the garden) and cantelope.
Lauren has been sick all day. I am keeping an eye on her, as she has the symptoms of appendicitis but it could also be a stomach virus. It's hard to know when to take the kids to the doctor. To err on the side of caution is what I normally do, only to get to the doctor and have him tell me "it's just a virus" and laugh at me that I am a hypochrondriac and projecting onto my kids. I know he's only joking, but still. If she is still sick in the morning, I will call the doctor.
Oh! I forgot. I wrote an article and it was published on www.wisdomfarms.com. Go to the Simple Living link and you can find my article titled "My Steps into Self Sufficiency".
1 comment:
Wow Amy! That is awesome! This is an area where I am deficient in knowing what and when to do it. I have really improved over the years, but I have a long way to go.
I would love to hear more from you, so I tagged you in a challenge. I hope that it is a blessing.
You will find a list of the tag at http://purposedrivenwife.blogspot.com/
The Purpose Driven Wife
Post a Comment